2011-10-28

Sexual Preference and Politics


This humble blog has risen from obscurity to over two thousand 'hits' per day. The amazing thing, to me, is that over 50% of the pageviews show an interest in the post entitled: Gay Couples Wed Across New York. The picture of the black and white men kissing also receives a very large number of 'hits'.

I talked this over with my comrades and they are of the opinion that people want to be told what to think, with regard to the issue of sexual preference.

I am not so sure that this is true. But as far as politics goes, sexual preference is a matter of individual conscience. God forbid, that the government should legislate sexual preference... Or stick its nose into the private lives of its citizens... This is not only un-American - it is also ridiculous!

You can't control people's likes and dislikes. That is not the government's place. That is not the place of politics. And, furthermore, it is not the place of this blog.

Perhaps, if I had the inclination to suggest sexual preference I would choose 'chastity' rather than sexual license... At any rate, It is not my place to suggest anything of this nature to you or anyone else. That is strictly your business. And, I hope we are intelligent enough to keep it that way.

When the day comes that the government tells me with whom I can have sex with, and what I can do with my 'Johnson', I am definitely 'picking up the gun'. In the meantime, and especially in a world suffering from over-population, I don't think that sexual preference should be a political issue. There are already plenty of laws on the books to handle excesses... 

With regard to 'homosexual marriage', the whole purpose of the institution of marriage is the family (children). That's why society gives married people 'tax breaks'. If the family cannot be sustained then there is absolutely no reason for marriage. No piece of paper is going to give society's stamp of approval to an institution that is obsolete. And, marriage for any other reason than creating a family is definitely obsolete.

Still, it is not my place to judge other people. Do whatever you want with your personal life. I'm not mad at you. Only, don't harm another citizen or deprive him of his rights. 

As long as people (and things) serve a useful purpose in society - and are beneficial to the common good - they will be accepted on their own merits. When they put themselves over everybody else... When they harm others... When they become a problem... Then perhaps we should take a closer look....

No comments:

Post a Comment