2011-11-07

Unlimited Political Power


What would I do if I had unlimited political power? (Establishing the foundation for change.)

I think that the foundation for any meaningful change is a shared vision. Therefore, my first move would be to gather together all the top men (and women) in the fields of public relations, advertising, and Hollywood... and create a Bureau of Public Enlightenment so that I could share my vision with every American.

Nothing good is ever going to happen unless we are all on the same page. So, the thing that needs to be done is to try to reach out to every American with the message of hope for the future... A sincere message, not a bunch of bullshit slogans and hype that nobody believes in or cares about. 

"My fellow Americans, we are all in this together. I care about each and every one of you, and my only concern is making all of our lives better. To do this I require your participation. And, together we can create a New Society - one that has the best chance of realizing the American Dream for every citizen of these United States."

The first step, on the road to progress, is relief for those who are hungry, homeless, sick, unemployed and without hope. They must be rehabilitated... Building a New Society will require the efforts of every man, woman, and child. All must be energized toward that end. I envision an America where we all work together for the common good. Where the basic needs of every citizen are made available so that no one shall want for food, clothing and shelter... Where the wrongs of previous administrations are righted... 

Relief cannot wait. Therefore, it must have the highest priority. The hungry must be fed. The homeless must be given shelter. The sick must receive medical attention. The unemployed must have work... And, there is much work to be done.

Not only that, I would immediately end the 'war on drugs' and release all political prisoners. A general amnesty for all prisoners who have not been found guilty of capital crimes. Let everyone start with a clean slate...

Next, I would assemble all the experts on constitutional law. Because I intend to uphold the Constitution of the United States. And together we would thrash out a plan to get this country back on its feet. Along the lines of the work that President Franklin Roosevelt started. And, I might add, a program that would be perfectly 'legal'. We will move into the future step-by-step - together! Cooperation will be the watchword, not intimidation.

Communication with the people. Utilizing the intellectual resources of the nation to the fullest extent. Openness in government. An end to political corruption. Providing the basic essentials to those in need. These shall be the foundations of my administration. My opponents will be converted rather than incarcerated. Because I believe that the most important struggle that we face is winning the hearts and minds of the people.

In order to win the hearts and minds of the American people we must capture their imagination, and be totally honest. In this way, their faith in the political system can be restored, and great things can be accomplished....  

No comments:

Post a Comment